Council Oak is growing and currently hiring for one positions. Our goal is to build a culture that attracts and retains staff with varied perspectives and broad experiences. This richness makes our work stronger, more insightful and durable. We welcome applicants from all backgrounds.
If you are interested in applying for one of the positions below, please forward cover letter, resume and writing sample with the job reference number in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Position Reference: #202
Council Oak is a firm that is sought after for its expertise is assisting federal agencies in facilitating the development and update of rules, policies, guidance, procedures, and related programs. We are looking for a senior facilitator and process design expert to lead a team to provide comprehensive support that includes:
- facilitating within-agency and interagency policy development teams;
- soliciting internal and external feedback;
- analyzing feedback and adjudicating comments;
- assisting with the compilation and technical editing of documents created by multiple authors;
- developing briefing materials for senior leadership to assist with decision-making; and
- developing communications materials to support rollout/implementation.
Bachelor’s in relevant field (e.g., public policy, public administration, dispute resolution, etc.).
10+ years relevant experience
Demonstrated expertise as a neutral facilitator (preferably with federal or public natural resources policies and programs).
Experience in developing/assisting in the development of public policies and programs.
Strong writing/editing skills necessary to compile and edit sections written by multiple authors.
Skill and experience in translating technical, scientific, and engineering concepts to a non-technical audience.
- Subject matter expertise in topic areas of natural resources, water resources, levee/dam safety, emergency management or community planning is a plus.
- Experience with virtual facilitation platforms and techniques.
- Consulting experience and service-oriented mindset.
This is a full-time position based in the Washington, D.C. metropolitan area.
Long-distance travel required (estimated at 8-10 weeks per year).
Council Oak is a virtual company. Employees must maintain a home office that is productive and allows for a professional demeanor.
Retirement plan and paid vacation.
Salary is commensurate with education and experience.
Equal opportunity employer.