Council Oak is growing and currently hiring. Our goal is to build a culture that attracts and retains staff with varied perspectives and broad experiences. This richness makes our work stronger, more insightful and durable. We welcome applicants from all backgrounds.
If you are interested in applying for one of the positions below, please forward cover letter, resume and writing sample with the job reference number in the subject line to email@example.com.
Position Reference: #101
We are looking for an energetic professional with a curiosity for our clients’ missions and a passion for good government. Analysts serve as a member on a variety of facilitation, policy analysis, and communications teams and work directly with our clients across programs on the following tasks:
- Research, Analysis, and Technical Writing: Drafting white papers, reports, and policy documents. Analyzing comments from stakeholders and developing options papers and briefings.
- Communications and Outreach: Developing communication and outreach products such as presentations, talking points, briefing papers, fact sheets, newsletter articles, and website content.
- Workshops and Meeting Support: Planning and supporting a variety of meetings including interagency collaboration, scientific and policy workshops, large symposia, and routine agency working group meetings by taking detailed notes and drafting meeting summaries.
- Meeting Logistics and Support: Manage logistics for meetings, including polling teams for meeting dates, reserving venues, and communicating with participants.
- Stakeholder Engagement: Attending meetings and conducting interviews with stakeholders on a variety of topics. Developing associated communications and outreach materials.
Bachelor’s in relevant field (e.g., public policy, public administration, dispute resolution, etc.).
Prior consulting experience or experience a plus.
Familiarity with water resources, flood risk management, or dam and levee safety a plus.
This is a full-time position with some long-distance travel required (estimated at 4-6 weeks per year). Council Oak is a virtual company with no office space; employees must maintain a home office in the Washington, DC metropolitan area that is productive and confers a professional demeanor. Employees must be available for occasional in-person meetings with other Council Oak employees and on-site at government facilities.
Council Oak’s benefits package includes: a 401(k) retirement plan with company match; medical, vision and dental insurance coverage; and flexible leave policies including three weeks paid time off, sick leave, and federal holidays. Salary is commensurate with education and experience but begins at $50,000.
To Apply for this Position
Please respond with cover letter, resume and writing sample to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please reference position number in the subject line of your email.
Position will remain open for 30 days (until April 28, 2023).
Equal opportunity employer.